If you have ever thought of starting your own business, there is no shortage of people telling you the reasons why you should not do it. They will talk about all the risk involved, the possible debt, the long hours, and many other worries. That said, even with those numerous concerns, there are still many people attracted to the world of entrepreneurship. The most successful people don’t focus on the negative. Instead, they focus on the equal number of positive reasons to start their own venture.
Every year, there are roughly 600,000 new undertakings started by people just like you. They have carefully weighed their options and discovered good cause to invest in their own future and become their own boss. When you ask entrepreneurs why they would rather own a business than being employed by someone else, you start to develop a very long list. There are almost as many reasons why you should start your own business as there are entrepreneurs.
Today, across the United States, there are millions of people who are abandoning their reliance on big business. They are seeking independence through their own hard work. Moreover, every month there are those who find themselves losing their job. They then discover that owning a small business, direct selling, independent contracting, or freelancing is a better option for them.
Why You Should Start Your Own Business
1. More Time with Family – Have you ever heard the saying, “Live like other people won’t, so one day you can live like most people can’t”? Initially, many entrepreneurs work long hours for very little money. They make sacrifices to get their business off the ground. However, eventually, the payoff is more time and money to do the things they really want to do.
2. Controlling Your Future – Many entrepreneurs are “take charge” type people. They have initiative and don’t wait to be told what to do. Owning an organization will save you from working for anyone else. When you are the one in charge, you get to make the decisions and reap the rewards. You are the one controlling what goes on day-to-day.
3. Job Security – When you work for yourself, you will always have a job. It is that simple. The days of working your whole life for one company, and then retiring with a nice pension, have long gone. In today’s world, there are many individuals who find themselves out of work and without any possibilities. As an entrepreneur, you always have a future.
4. Self-satisfaction – There is almost no better feeling than looking at a successful company and saying, “I built that.” Your company exists because of your vision, optimism, confidence, and hard work. Conversely, it is very difficult to have pride when you are stuck in a job that has you doing the same repetitive tasks day in and day out. Don’t you agree?
5. You Choose Your Team – When you work for someone else, you have little to no say in who you work with. If you don’t like the people you are working with, your only real option is to start polishing your resume. Regardless, when you are the boss, you have the luxury of deciding who to hire and who to fire. You can surround yourself with people who buy into your vision and confidence.
6. Providing for the Social Good – This is a big perk for many entrepreneurs. Many people despise big corporations because they seem to always place profits before people. When you are the owner, you get to decide where the company’s profits are used. While creating a comfortable lifestyle for yourself, you get to support the charities and causes that are important to you.
What haven’t we covered yet that is important to you? If you would like to talk about the reasons why you should start your own business, or a related topic, contact us.
David Michael Gilbertson is the founder and president of 3 Elements Lifestyle, LLC., a Fitness and Weight Loss company that specializes in YOU!. With more than 15 years of experience owning, operating and managing clubs of all sizes, David lectures, delivers seminars and gives workshops on the practical skills required to successfully help you with your health and fitness goals. David also helps you build the teamwork, management, and training necessary to open your own fitness center. For more information on Licensing and Consulting Services Visit his Web site at: www.3elementslifestyle.com or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805.499.3030.