Not everyone is lucky enough to have a pension when they retire. And even if you have a pension, it may not be enough to cover all your expenses. You may need to earn some more money after retiring.
And let’s assume that you also have some money saved up from the time that you were working. Wouldn’t you want to do something with this money rather than just letting it sit in your bank account?
Here are ten of the advantages of setting up a fitness business to give you retirement income:
- You Get Something to Do: It’s not just about having an income. Many seniors find that they have too much time on their hands during retirement. So it helps them to have something to do during the day. And if you have experience working at a business, why not put that experience to good use?
- You Earn Some Money: Some extra money is always welcome for anyone. No matter how comfortable you might be, there’s always something you can do with some extra money. You may not see the money immediately when you start a business but you will see it eventually.
- Your Self-Esteem Rises: Running a business is complicated. But managing so many things at the same time is good for your self-esteem. You feel good that you’re able to do all these things despite the fact that you’re a senior. And really, what’s more important than self-esteem? Feeling good about yourself is the best way to make sure that you feel good overall.
- You Learn Something New: It’s never too late to learn something new. Even if you’re a senior, you can put those brain cells to good use by learning how to run a business. You have to learn how to keep your books, be organized, market your business etc.
- It Makes You Independent: Having a retirement income means that you won’t have to ask anyone for financial help at any time. You’ll be able to take care of yourself. And being independent is always a good feeling. Of course, this doesn’t mean that you should be close to the other people in your life. But you can be close without being dependent.
- You Stay Fit: It’s important to be fit, no matter what your age. And if you own a fitness business, you will probably stay fit, just because you’ll be surrounded by fit people. Did you know that you can avoid many illnesses and improve mental and physical well-being by exercising and eating well? It’s just another benefit of running a fitness business.
- You Avoid Anxiety/Depression: As people get older, they often start feeling anxious or depressed for no reason. And the feeling increases when you don’t have anything to do. But if you’re occupied with running a business, you’ll find that your thoughts don’t go running in circles. So you’re generally happier.
- You Become Enthusiastic: Life is not simply about avoiding the negative feelings but also about feeling enthusiastic. You want to wake up in the morning and feel happy. You want to feel like you’re so engrossed in your days that time is flying by. And this can happen when you’re occupied with running your own business.
- There’s Always Demand for a Fitness Business: The particular advantage of running a fitness business is that it’s never going to go out of fashion. Everyone wants to be healthy and live a long life. Everyone also wants to be fit and good-looking. So a fitness business is usually a good investment.
- Why Not? Sometimes, when people are going to do something new, a bunch of objections come up in their minds: I’m too old, I don’t have enough time, it will never succeed anyway, people will make fun of me etc. You have to rise above all these objections and say: why not? Instead of making a list of all the cons, try and make a list of all the pros. This is why you need to go for it.
Contact us for more tips on running your own fitness business after retirement.
David Michael Gilbertson is the founder and president of 3 Elements Lifestyle, LLC., a Fitness and Weight Loss company that specializes in YOU!. With more than 15 years of experience owning, operating and managing clubs of all sizes, David lectures, delivers seminars and gives workshops on the practical skills required to successfully help you with your health and fitness goals. David also helps you build the teamwork, management, and training necessary to open your own fitness center. For more information on Licensing and Consulting Services Visit his Web site at www.3elementslifestyle.com or email at email@example.com or call 805.499.3030